INSTRUCTIONS FOR BUILDING!
NOTE: this works best printed on stiff card, or printed on thin card stuck back-to-back
IF POSSIBLE, print pages COLUMNS SIDE 1 and 2 back to back.
This should work with a very small margin of error if you set the printer in the following way:
- Pages to print: 4-5
- Page sizing and handling: actual size
- *print on both sides of paper – flip on long side
- Orientation: portrait
If it won’t work for you, print separately and stick SIDE 1 to SIDE 2 so that there is detail on both sides.
– You should end up with TWO PIECES FOR EACH COLUMN.
– CUT UP THE SLIT FROM THE BOTTOM on one piece and DOWN THE SLIT FROM THE TOP on the other, then SLOT the pieces together.
– FOLD the tabs at the bottom in different directions
Printing and Building the Stand:
– cut out the MAIN STAND SECTION and STAND BASE around the THICKER LINES.
– fold along the THINNER LINES.
– use a sharp knife to CUT THE X SHAPES on the top of the main stand section.
– stick the STAND BASE inside the FLAPS on the MAIN STAND SECTION on the LEFT side – leave the other flaps for now, to make it easier to attach the COLUMNS.
COMBINING THE STAND AND COLUMNS:
– TRICKY: slot the x-shaped COLUMNS through the X SHAPE SLITS, making sure you put the right column in the right slot. Tip: don’t fold the flaps at the base of the columns until after this stage!
– glue the tabs and stick them to the x shapes inside the stand base.
– when the COLUMNS are secure inside the base, finish off by STICKING the MAIN STAND SECTION FLAPS on the FRONT and BACK underneath the STAND BASE.
OPTIONAL: add the BACKGROUND PANEL to your completed column stand by sticking it to the back of the stand then gently folding along the line to that the panel is perpendicular with the columns.