Greek Myth Comix are suggested resources for teaching and revising the OCR Classical Civilisation GCSE, and have featured in several OCR and CSCP INSET sessions.
This is a comprehensive list of already-available resources on the site that suit the new GCSE Specification. More will be added, so make sure you sign up for updates in the Footer below!
- Myth and Religion
- Mythological map of Greece
- The Olympic Pantheon – family tree Greek and Roman names with figures inspired by pottery
- The Olympian Gods Colouring Book!
- The Creation of the Olympians – storyboard for CSCP’s primaryancientgreeks.com page (with other Ovid stories)
- Theseus – backstory of Theseus and the Minotaur (in 3 parts)
- Aeneas – ‘The Fresh Prince of Latium’
- Orpheus – journey to the underworld
- Demeter and Persephone – storyboard for CSCP’s primaryancientgreeks.com page (with other Ovid stories) – NOTE, storyline is *slightly* different to Homeric Hymn to Demeter!
- The Story of Kerberos, aka Fluffy (Harry Potter)
- Heracles – life of Heracles, currently pre-birth to education, filling in the gaps before the Tasks. Work In Progress. Also: Heracles’ Labours
- An Ancient Ghost Story – Pliny’s story about Athenodorus and the haunted house
- Homeric World:
- Odyssey – Currently Books 1(nearly!), 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 12 (legacy spec chapters) and new OCR spec Book 19 are complete. Other books in the pipeline.
- The Story of Kirke (Circe) (Harry Potter)
- Odyssey scenarios poster book and Odysseus paper doll
- What makes a Homeric Hero
- Epic Simile
- Divine Inspiration
- Divine Intervention
- Gods to Monsters: scale of characters
- Quick Greek Tour sketch: Mycenae (Agamemnon’s homecoming)
- Build-Your-Own Trojan War playset!
- Roman City Life
- War and Warfare / Homeric World
For other teaching resources:
- see my personal/portfolio website, laurajenkinsonbrown.co.uk
- find me on Twitter (@LEJenksBrown / @greekmythcomix / email me at email@example.com
- You can also find Greek Myth Comix on Facebook, if you prefer that to Twitter!
- Sign up to receive emails at greekmythcomix.com at the bottom of the page and you’ll get comics updates when more are added.
- Some resources are able to be bought as textbooks / downloadable prints. Check the Buy Stuff pages for details.