Greek Myth Comix is a suggested resource for teaching and revising the OCR Classical Civilisation GCSE, and has been featured in several OCR and CSCP INSET sessions.
This is a comprehensive list of already-available resources on the site that suit the new GCSE Specification. More will be added, so make sure you sign up for updates in the Footer below!
Myth and Religion
- Mythological map of GreeceThe Olympic Pantheon – family tree Greek and Roman names with figures inspired by pottery
- The Olympian Gods Colouring Book!
- The Creation of the Olympians – storyboard for CSCP’s primaryancientgreeks.com page (with other Ovid stories)
- Theseus – backstory of Theseus and the Minotaur (in 3 parts)
- Aeneas – ‘The Fresh Prince of Latium’
- Orpheus – journey to the underworld
- Demeter and Persephone – storyboard for CSCP’s primaryancientgreeks.com page (with other Ovid stories) – NOTE, storyline is *slightly* different to Homeric Hymn to Demeter!
- The Story of Kerberos, aka Fluffy (Harry Potter)
- Heracles – life of Heracles, currently pre-birth to education, filling in the gaps before the Tasks. Work In Progress. Also: Heracles’ Labours
- An Ancient Ghost Story – Pliny’s story about Athenodorus and the haunted house
- Sacrifice – a guide to Ancient Greek and Roman Sacrifice
- Prayer – how to formulate an ancient prayer (for your sacrifice)
- The Seven Kings of Rome – to help with the Romulus prescribed source text
- Supplication – what is it and why do they do it?
- Odyssey – Currently Books 1(nearly!), 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 12 (legacy spec chapters) and new OCR spec Book 19 are complete, and book 21 is in progress… Other books in the pipeline.
- The Story of Kirke (Circe) (Harry Potter)
- Odyssey scenarios poster book and Odysseus paper doll
- What makes a Homeric Hero
- Fate vs Fortune
- Epic Simile
- Divine Inspiration
- Divine Intervention
- Gods to Monsters: scale of characters
- Quick Greek Tour sketch: Mycenae (Agamemnon’s homecoming)
- Four Mythical Mycenaean Queens – a short introduction to some myths
- Linear B tablets – a short guide to how they were made
- Build-Your-Own Trojan War playset!
Roman City Life
War and Warfare / Homeric World
For other teaching resources:
- see my personal/portfolio website, laurajenkinsonbrown.co.uk
- find me on Twitter (@LEJenksBrown / @greekmythcomix / email me at email@example.com
- You can also find Greek Myth Comix on Facebook, if you prefer that to Twitter!
- Sign up to receive emails at greekmythcomix.com at the bottom of the page and you’ll get comics updates when more are added.
- Some resources are able to be bought as textbooks / downloadable prints. Check the Buy Stuff pages for details.